Week of October 26th: Read-Alouds

   The main activity that we did in class this week was our read alouds. We got into groups and then read everyone in the group our selected children's picture books using all of the tools we have learned in class that guide us in having a successful read aloud. The book I chose for my read aloud was called You Are Not Small. 

   I chose my book because I thought that it had a good message for children in it. The theme revolved around the idea of accepting everyone for you they are, and realizing that everyone is unique and different in their own way and that's okay. I chose stopping places as best as I could, but after conducting the read aloud I noticed some other places that might have been better to stop at. It was really insightful to listen and watch the rest of my group do their read alouds. It showed me ways that I could grow and improve my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment